Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

   Hello Everyone... I apologize for the lack of posts since October, but it got chaotic quick with all the holidays and birthdays.  My oldest is 9!!  How'd that happen??  Hope the holidays were wonderful for you.
   I don't know about you but I am glad 2011 is over.  Even though we were blessed with our 'surprise' baby, Zachary, the past year was very stressful and full of tears, strife and quite a test to my patience and faith.  Our financial situation changed drastically and I don't see an end in sight anytime soon.  But I'm trying to be hopeful that everything will work out one way or another.  It's been another reminder to myself that I don't have as much control as I'd like to think I do and that I need to 'let go and let GOD'. 
   That being said, I'm not going to make resolutions for 2012.  I'm going to get back to the old Serra and be who I was always meant to be.  A faithful daughter of Christ, a loving and patient wife and mother and the creative and crafty woman I've always been.  I'm going to give myself the 'me time' I've always deserved, give my husband the wife/ husband time he deserves and to my children, the gentle and kind mother they deserve.  We as mothers and wives shouldn't have to try at these, they should be second nature. 
  2012 started off just fine.  The baby has been sick so I had to stay home with him.  The hubs took the 2 oldest girls to Sunday School & he taught the 3rd grade class.  The rest of the day was spent as a family, just hanging out, playing games and enjoying each other's company.  Today the kids & I went to an indoor play area and they ran themselves slap-out playing for 2 1/2 hours.  Tomorrow will be spent cleaning the bedrooms and playroom, making room for their new stuff and rehoming long ignored older toys and lovies. 
   I have a feeling this is going to be a year of change, maybe good, maybe not.  But I need to be prepared and know that God is always with me.  May this year be full of wonderful blessings to you.

~Serra

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture!!! Great post. I believe change is always good. :)

    ReplyDelete