Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gratituesday

  Please forgive me for not posting. Zachary became ill over the weekend & was diagnosed with bronchiolitis. Bronchiolitis can be caused by RSV ( Respiratory syncytial virus ), which he was tested for and thankfully was negative.  He's on an oral version of Albuterol, and it makes him VERY grumpy, which equals very little sleep for him and myself. 
   And even after all this, I realize I have things to be grateful for: of course my family, but also for a wonderful pediatrician whom my children LOVE and who always takes the extra time to talk with me, for scientists who create medications to help heal our children and for a loving God who blessed these doctors and scientists with knowledge to help others.
   Probably one of the worst things about being a mom is the helplessness you feel when you have a sick baby or child and after giving them all the medications you can, all you can do is love on them and nothing seems to work.  I'm grateful for a God that gives me the strength and endurance to deal with sick children, to remain patient when I think I'm going to lose it, to function on no sleep and to do it all with a loving heart. 
   What are you grateful for? Please visit Heavenly Homemakers to see the stories of others.




'More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope'  Romans 5:3-4

~Serra

1 comment:

  1. It is awesome that you are able to sit back and see all the things that you are blessed with at a time like this! Hope he is getting better!!

    ReplyDelete