Monday, October 24, 2011

   Happy Monday!!  Did everyone have a fun weekend? We sure did. We spent some time with some very special friends, ate A LOT of great food and watched some scary movies. 
  On the menu was chili and homemade chicken noodle soup, cornbread and pumpkin cornbread and multiple appetizers and finger foods.  I made the pumpkin cornbread and I think it was a hit.  I got the recipe from here http://sugarcooking.blogspot.com/2011/08/pumpkin-cornbread.html
  
Pinned Image

As my kids have gotten older, I've found I can experiment more with different foods and 99% of the time, they'll eat it. If they don't eat all of it, they'll at least try it.  Even my husband has been more willing to try new recipes.  Is your family open to new and different recipes or do you find yourself cooking the same recipes each week?  Are you looking for new ideas? I highly recommend Pinterest and Allrecipes.com .   I have a dare for my readers, find a new recipe, make it and post about it here.  Good Luck and Happy Cooking!!!

'And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord'  Deuteronomy 8:3     

~Serra

1 comment:

  1. I bet the pumpkin cornbread was yummo! May have to try it!

    ReplyDelete