Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's been rough around here the last few months and today is a particularly bad day. I'm having trouble putting together a good post, so I thought I'd share some of the things I tell myself when I am feeling overwhelmed.

God never gives us more than we can handle -from my mother

But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." -Matthew 19:26

But they who wait upon the Lord will get new strength. They will rise up with wings like eagles. They will run and not get tired. They will walk and not become weak. -Isaiah 40:31

And at the end of the day, I remind myself that things could be worse. I could have a child with a terminal illness, our house could be damaged by a natural disaster or I could lose my faith. In the book of Matthew, Jesus tells us "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you."

Always remember, when you feel you can go no further, God is there to pick you up and carry you. You are never alone.
Footprints

Blessings, Serra

1 comment: